Tuesday 8 May 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
28 Weeks Later, directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 2007 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 May
- U.S. police arrest six Islamic men from the Republic of Macedonia and the Middle East based on a tip from a Mount Laurel, NJ resident who discovered their plot to attack Fort Dix, New Jersey, and ampquotkill as many soldiers as possible.ampquot (AP via Trentonian.com)
- Former U.S. President Bill Clinton announces a deal with drug companies to lower the price of anti-AIDS drugs in Third World countries. (AP via Fox News)
- André Boisclair resigns as the leader of Canada's Parti Québécois. (International Herald Tribune)
- The Treasurer of Australia Peter Costello delivers his twelfth budget with significant tax cuts and increases in government spending on education and health. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta blows up three oil pipelines in the Niger delta in the south of Nigeria. (Reuters Alertnet)
- War in Iraq:
- A suicide bomber kills at least 10 people and injures many more in an attack on the Shi'ite city of Kufa in Iraq. (Reuters)
- The U.S. Department of Defense announces plans to deploy 35,000 troops in Iraq starting from August 2007. (Washington Post)
- Tomislav Nikolić, the temporary leader of the Serbian Radical Party, is elected as the Speaker of the National Assembly of Serbia. (BBC)
- Former Prime Minister of Australia Gough Whitlam gives evidence to the coronial inquest into the death of the Balibo Five in Balibo, East Timor in October 1975. (Sydney Morning Herald with AAP)
- Hebrew University archaeologist Ehud Netzer claims to have discovered the tomb of Herod the Great in Herodium. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?