Thursday 8 November 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Crossley and Emile Lansac.
Draft 258, directed by William Christy Cabanne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1917 ?
- Patricia Crossley: American pro astrologer who originated SWAC (SouthWest Astrology Conference) with Virginia Fabre and her daughter, astrologer Roxana Muise in 1974, a highly viable annual conference that lasted to 1985.
- Emile Lansac: France Military man.
- Colin Blythe: English cricketer and soldier (d. 1917).
- Telephone Co runs 1st ad for Army operators, gets 7,000 applicants
- The People's Commissars give authority to Vladimir Lenin, Leon Trotsky, and Joseph Stalin.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Nora Bayes - Over There
- Good-Bye Broadway, hello France - Peerless Quartet
- 12th Street Rag - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?