Monday 8 November 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dale A Gardner in Fairmont and Xavier Zuchowicz.
Joan of Arc, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Studio One in Hollywood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1948 ?
- Dale A Gardner in Fairmont: Minnesota, USA; Commander US Navy/astronaut (STS 8, STS 51A).
- Xavier Zuchowicz: French army general, who was the military governor of Paris between 2005 and 2007.
- Dale Gardner: American captain and astronaut (d. 2014).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 November 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - On a Slow Boat to China
- Buttons and Bows - Betty Garrett (Art Mooney Orchestra)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?