Monday 8 November 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
Drum Beat, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1954 ?
- Rickie Jones: American singer and songwriter.
- David Bret: Anglo-French biographer and broadcaster.
- Michael Brown: American lawyer and radio host.
- Timothy Egan: American journalist and author.
- Kazuo Ishiguro: Japanese-English author and screenwriter.
- Ricky Lawson: American drummer and composer (Yellowjackets) (d. 2013)
- Jeanette McGruder: American singer and actress (The Brides of Funkenstein)
- Thanasis Pafilis: Greek jurist and politician
- Michael D Brown: U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency director
- Rickie Lee Jones in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer ("Chuck E's in Love").
- AL approves Philadelphia Athletics move to Kansas City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?