Thursday 8 November 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me Tender, directed by Robert D. Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1956 ?
- Beverly Klass: LPGA golfer.
- Randi Brooks in New York City: USA; actress (The Man With Two Brains, Tightrope).
- Mari Boine: Norwegian singer-songwriter and producer.
- Richard Curtis: English actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Steven Miller: American record producer and engineer.
- Philippe Twins: Twins ennemies.
- UN demands USSR leave Hungary
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 November 1956 and get them!