Friday 8 November 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
The Skydivers, directed by Coleman Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1963 ?
- Dwight Smith: Tallahassee, Florida -- Outfielder (Atlanta Braves).
- Paul Butcher: NFL linebacker (Carolina Panthers).
- Russell Malone: American guitarist.
- Paul McKenna: English hypnotist and author.
- Simon Jurovsky: Composer, dies at 51.
- Finnair flight OH-LCA crashes before landing at Mariehamn airport on the Åland islands.
- Miike Coal Mine explosion: In Japan, a coal mine explosion kills 458 and sends 839 carbon monoxide poisoning victims to the hospital.
- A triple-train disaster in Yokohama, Japan kills 161.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
- Skeeter Davis - I Can't Stay Mad At You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?