Thursday 8 November 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frantisek Kaberle and Nicole Teter.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Keep On Truckin' (Part 1) by Eddie Kendricks.
In UK Let Me In by The Osmonds was in the top 5 hits.
Malicious, directed by Salvatore Samperi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Terracotta Horse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1973!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1973 ?
- Frantisek Kaberle: Hockey defenseman (Team Czech Olympics - Gold - 1998).
- Nicole Teter: San Diego, California -- 800m runner.
- Tara Johnson: Miss USA-Wisconsin (1997).
- Florence Foresti: French actress, director, and especially the preferred humorist of French people.
- David Muir: News Anchor.
- Sven Mikser: Estonian politician 22nd Estonian Minister of Defence
- Nevada approves pari-mutuel betting on Jai Alai.
- The right ear of John Paul Getty III is delivered to a newspaper together with a ransom note, convincing his father to pay 2.9 million USD.
- Millennium '73, a festival hosted by Guru Maharaj Ji at the Astrodome, is called by supporters the quotmost significant event in human historyquot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
- Ringo Starr - Photograph
- Billy Preston - Space Race
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Garfunkel - All I Know
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?