Friday 8 November 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet by Bachman-Turner Overdrive.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Earthquake, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1974 ?
- Brandon Mull: Young Adult Author.
- Masashi Kishimoto: Japanese manga author.
- Matthew Rhys: Welsh actor.
- Penny Heyns: So.
- Joshua Ferris: American author.
- Ivory Joe Hunter: American R&B singer, pianist and songwriter (Born 1914).
- British Lord Lucan disappears
- Debi Kent disappears in Salt Lake City, Utah (possible Ted Bundy victim).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Carole King - Jazzman
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Reunion - Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)
- Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 November 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?