Monday 8 November 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK If You Leave Me Now by Chicago was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Tycoon, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1976 ?
- Nicolas Gillet: French footballer defender who is currently a free agent.
- Brett Lee: Australian cricketer.
- Colin Strause: American director producer and visual effects designer.
- A series of earthquakes spreads panic in the city of Thessaloniki, which is evacuated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?