Tuesday 8 November 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone.
In UK Name Of The Game by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1977!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1977 ?
- Khia : Rapper.
- Jully Black: Canadian singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- Bucky Covington: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Nick Punto: American baseball player.
- Bucky Harris dies on his 81st birthday in Bethesda, Maryland, USA; Major League Baseball player-manager for the Washington Senators in the 1920s.
- Manolis Andronikos, a Greek archaeologist and professor at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, discovers the tomb of Philip II of Macedon at Vergina.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better
- Heatwave - Boogie Nights
- Barry White - It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me
- Chicago - Baby, What A Big Surprise
- Paul Nicholas - Heaven On The 7th Floor
- Donna Summer - I Feel Love
- Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 November 1977 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?