Tuesday 8 November 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sinan Güler and Katharina Molitor.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to All Night Long (All Night) by Lionel Richie.
In UK Uptown Girl by Billy Joel was in the top 5 hits.
All the Right Moves, directed by Michael Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaga X6 or Molar Maul.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1983!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1983 ?
- Sinan Güler: Turkish basketball player.
- Katharina Molitor: German javelin thrower.
- Remko Pasveer: Dutch footballer.
- Pavel Pogrebnyak: Russian footballer.
- Nikola Rachelle: English-New Zealand singer-songwriter and producer.
- Martha Layne Collins (D) elected 1st female Governor of Kentucky
- STS-9 vehicle again moves to launch pad
- W Wilson Goode (D) elected 1st black Mayor of Philadelphia
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
- Prince - Delirious
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- The Motels - Suddenly Last Summer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?