Friday 8 November 2002
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK The Long And Winding Road / Suspicious Minds by Will Young & Gareth Gates was in the top 5 hits.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Violets Are Blue by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 2002!
Which were the important events of 8 November 2002 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 November
- Jon Elia: Pakistani scholar, poet and philosopher (Born 1931).
- Iraq disarmament crisis: UN Security Council Resolution 1441 : The United Nations Security Council unanimously approves a resolution on Iraq, forcing Saddam Hussein to disarm or face ''serious consequences''.
- The oil tanker ''Prestige'' sinks off the Galician coast, causing a huge oil spill.
- A team of Italian researchers has produced an analysis of their experimental results that may be indirect evidence of the existence of gravitational waves. Their paper, entitled ampquotStudy of the coincidences between the gravitational wave detectors EXPLORER and NAUTILUS in 2001ampquot is based on a statistical analysis of the results from their detectors.
- General Secretary of the Communist Party of China Jiang Zemin announced several key policies at the 16th National Congress of the Communist Party of China in Beijing. Although Marxism-Leninism would remain the official ideology of China, entrepreneurs and people in unconventional occupations, who are building ampquotsocialism with Chinese characteristicsampquot, would have a voice in establishing Communist Party ideology. Mr. Jiang is preparing to yield the position of General Secretary of
- Former President of France Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, head of the Convention on the Future of Europe, told the newspaper ''Le Monde'' that Turkey should not become a member of the European Union, even though Turkey is a very important country with a true elite. He particularly mentioned that the capital and 95% of the population were not located on the European continent. He also mentioned that ''one cannot discuss, as we do it, the national legislation of the Union, on very important points of
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 November 2002 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?