Wednesday 8 November 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heavy Sedation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AirForce2 or Bone: The Great Cow Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 8 November 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 November
- U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld resigns; President Bush nominates Robert Gates, a former Central Intelligence Agency director, as his replacement.
- Windows Vista Release to Manufacturing is released
- Mercury transits the sun. It is visible from the Americas, Eastern China, Japan, Australia, and Polynesia.
- Legislators in the Jogorku Kenesh approve a new constitution amid fears of another revolution in Kyrgyzstan. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- China has a record high surplus in its balance of trade of $23.8 billion as exports rise and imports fall. (AP via Newsvine)
- The Associated Press declares Democrat Jim Webb as the winner of the 2006 Senate elections in Virginia. This would give the Democratic Party of the United States an effective majority if Independents Joe Lieberman and Bernie Sanders caucus with the Democrats. (CNN)
- Amy Klobuchar overwhelmingly defeats Mark Kennedy in the 2006 Senate elections in Minnesota, becoming the first female Senator in Minnesota history. (Minnesota Public Radio)
- United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld announces he will step down from his cabinet position. Former Director of the CIA Robert Gates will replace Rumsfeld if confirmed by the Senate. (AP)
- Dennis Hastert, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, tells colleagues that he does not intend to run for the position of Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives. (AP via MSNBC)
- At least 42 people die and 20 people are injured in a bomb blast outside an army training centre in north-west Pakistan. (BBC News)
- Beit Hanoun November 2006 incident:
- Palestinian prime minister Ismail Haniyeh states that talks between Hamas and President Mahmoud Abbas have been suspended. (News Limited)
- The United Nations Security Council agrees to let Arab and Muslim countries air their concerns about the incident.
- Windows Vista, Microsoft's newest operating system is RTM (released to manufacturers). (Windows Vista Blog)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?