Thursday 8 November 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Champagne, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 8 November 2007 ?
- Quaid Twins: American twins and noted family members, they are the children of actor Dennis Quaid and his wife Kimberly.
- Dulce Saguisag: Filipino social worker and politician 10th Filipino Secretary of Social Welfare and Development (d. 2007).
- EU interior ministers agreed that nine member states from central and eastern Europe are sufficiently prepared to join EU's Schengen border-free zone on December 21. (EUobserver)
- A United States Army UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter crashes in Santa Lucia di Piave, Italy, killing four people and injuring six. (BBC)
- The United States Senate confirms Michael Mukasey as the Attorney General of the United States. (Reuters)
- At least 29 miners are killed in a gas leak in a colliery in China's Guizhou province. (BBC)
- Pakistan Television quotes President Pervez Musharraf as saying that Pakistan will hold elections before 15 February 2008.
- 2007 North Sea flood: a 3 metre storm tide heads for the English Channel, causing dozens of flood warnings by the UK's Environment Agency. Prime Minister Gordon Brown calls an emergency COBRA meeting for Friday, as the wave could potentially affect thousands of properties and a threat to many lives. The tidal wave is thought to be caused by gale-force winds off Scotland and high tides. 200 are evacuated. (BBC)
- 2007 Georgian demonstrations:
- Georgia's opposition says it is suspending anti-government protests in Tbilisi, after President Mikhail Saakashvili declared a state of emergency and closed all independent news outlets. (IHT)
- President Mikhail Saakashvili justifies the police action by saying that neighboring Russia was stirring trouble and that he had expelled three Russian diplomats. (VOA)
- President Mikhail Saakashvili announces that he will participate in a special presidential election on January 5, 2008, and that a referendum will held on the same day for the timing of parliamentary elections, which the opposition had demanded be held next spring. (NYT)
- The United States Congress overrides President George W. Bush's veto of the $23 billion Water Resource Bill. (CNN)
- Asian markets drop sharply for the third time in five sessions. The volatile Hang Seng Index drops nearly 1,000 points on the day, and the Shanghai Composite Index ends nearly 5% lower. (MarketWatch)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?