Monday 8 November 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to We R Who We R by Ke$ha.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Confession by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 8 November 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 November
- AfghanistanAfghan and NATO-led troops kill 15 Taliban militants in the southern Kandahar province during a joint operation. (Xinhua)
- Fighting erupts between ethnic rebel groups and Burmese government forces in the east of the country thousands of people flee into Thailand. (''Bangkok Post'')
- An armed group kidnaps at least two Americans, two Frenchmen and a Canadian from an Transocean oil rig in the Okoro Oilfield off the coast of Niger Delta, Nigeria, injuring two others. (CNN)
- Bomb attacks in the Iraqi cities of Karbala, Najaf and Basra kill at least nineteen people and injure scores more. (BBC)
- American talk show host Conan O'Brien returns to television on TBS ten months after his high-profile exit from ''The Tonight Show''. (CNN)
- The Foreign Minister of Israel, Avigdor Lieberman, denounces the left-wing performers who refuse to perform in a theatre in a Jewish settlement on the West Bank as an ampquotextremist group trying to wage cultural terrorismampquot. (Reuters)
- French novelist Michel Houellebecq wins the Prix Goncourt for his book ''La Carte et le Territoire'' (''The Map and the Territory''). (''The Telegraph'')
- Global Green Growth conference ends in Copenhagen. (People Daily)
- Express delivery company DHL promises better screening of customers and parcels before they are sent to airports after recent parcel bombs sent from Yemen and Greece. (Reuters)
- A government conservation campaign, and possible hoarding by state oil companies, causes a severe shortage on diesel fuel in the People's Republic of China, disrupting industry and commerce. (CNBC)
- At least 120 people are tested for cholera in the capital of Haiti, Port-au-Prince. (BBC)
- An explosion due to mishandling of explosives kills two in a Copiapó, Chile copper mine. (Wikinews)
- German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle calls on Hamas to free captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit and urges Israel to end its embargo of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip, but does not meet with the Gaza leadership because of group's refusal to renounce violence and recognize Israel. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The annual meeting of the Kimberley Process closes in Jerusalem without finding a solution to the issue of “blood diamond” exports from the Marange diamond fields of Zimbabwe. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- President of the United States Barack Obama backs a permanent seat for India on the UN Security Council. (CNN)
- The Obama administration bans cargo shipments from Somalia in the wake of the Yemen bomb attacks. (Yahoo! News)
- The United States offers to drop Sudan from its list of ampquotstate sponsors of terrorismampquot, ending its isolation, if two scheduled referendums take place with respected results. (Al Jazeera)
- Libyan authorities arrest 10 reporters apparently for criticizing Libya's leadership. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Unidentified attackers armed with knives kill 12 people in Kushchyovskaya, Krasnodar krai, Russia. (''The Moscow Times'')
- U.S. militant Lori Berenson is released from prison in Peru after serving more than a decade for collaborating with the Túpac Amaru Revolutionary Movement. (AP via ''The Chronicle'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?