Tuesday 8 October 1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Balett ur op. Mignon/Jössehäradspolska, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1907!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1907 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Richard Shaver: American author and illustrator (d. 1975).
- Howard Joslin: Georgia, United States -- Actor (Quebec, Detective Story).
- Gérard Espéret: French trade unionist and political activist, who was secretary of the CFTC for La Manche (1936-1939), deputy secretary-general of the CFTC from 1947, then Vice President of the CFTC-CFDT (1960-1967).
- Pierre Bertaux: French Resistant and Germanist.
- Alfred: British royalty, Queen Victoria's fourth child, the Duke of Edinburgh and later Duke of Saxe Coburg and Gotha.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Merry Widow Waltz - Victor Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 October 1907 and get them!