Thursday 8 October 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
A Mala Sinistra, directed by Antnio Leal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1908 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Ezekias Papaioannou: Greek-Cypriot politician (d. 1988).
- Aldo Ghizzetti: Italy Scientist.
- Ren? Delaitre: Challain physician.
- Paul Van Buskirk Yoder: Composer.
- New York Giants set season attendance record at 910,000 (broken in 1920)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Eddie Morton
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?