Monday 8 October 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
'49-'17, directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1917 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Billy Conn: Boxer / actor (Pittsburgh Kid), dies at 75.
- Walter Lord: American historian and author (d. 2002).
- Danny Murtaugh: baseball manager (Pittsburgh Pirates), dies at age 59.
- Rodney Porter: English biochemist and physiologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1985).
- Hans Poser: Composer.
- Trotski named Chairman of Petrograd Soviet
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 October 1917 and get them!