Friday 8 October 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank [Patrick] Herbert and Maxie Herber.
Die Tophar-Mumie, directed by Johannes Guter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1920 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Frank [Patrick] Herbert: United States -- Sci-fi author (Dune).
- Maxie Herber: Germany -- Figure skater pairs (1936 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dorothy Dow: American classical soprano who had an active international career in concerts, operas, and recitals during the 1940s through the 1960s.
- Frank Herbert: American writer, a reporter and editor for a west coast newspaper and a prolific author of sci-fi, most notably the Dune series.
- Raymond Reynaud: French painter, sculptor and outsider artist whose work is similar to that of Jean Dubuffet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?