Friday 8 October 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Die Tophar-Mumie, directed by Johannes Guter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1920 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Raymond Reynaud: French painter, sculptor and outsider artist whose work is similar to that of Jean Dubuffet.
- Frank Herbert: American writer, a reporter and editor for a west coast newspaper and a prolific author of sci-fi, most notably the Dune series.
- Frank [Patrick] Herbert: United States -- Sci-fi author (Dune).
- Maxie Herber: Germany -- Figure skater pairs (1936 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dorothy Dow: American classical soprano who had an active international career in concerts, operas, and recitals during the 1940s through the 1960s.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 October 1920 and get them!