Sunday 8 October 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
One Exciting Night, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1922!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1922 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Nils Liedholm: Swedish footballer coach and manager (d. 2007).
- Herbert Leonard: American production manager and producer (d. 2006).
- Erik Diesen: Norwegian revue writer and radio and television personality.
- Douglas Gray: Archivist.
- Svend Westergaard: Composer.
- New York Giants beat New York Yankees, 4 games to 0, with a tie in 19th World Series.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Why Should I Cry Over You? - Billy Jones
- Nobody Lied (When They Said I Cried Over You) - Marion Harris
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?