Wednesday 8 October 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Navigator, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1924 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Alphons Egli: Swiss lawyer and politician 77th President of the Swiss Confederation.
- Aloísio Lorscheider: Brazilian cardinal (d. 2007).
- Thirunalloor Karunakaran: Indian poet and scholar (d. 2006).
- John Nelder: English mathematician and statistician (d. 2010).
- Frances McLeod: American astrologer who joined AFA in December 1979.
- Arkady Vorobyev: Middle heavyweight (1956, 60 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- British Labour government of MacDonald falls to Communists
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hard-Hearted Hannah - Dolly Kay
- Whistling the Blues Away - Wendell Hall & Carson Robison
- Bringin' Home the Bacon - Blossom Seeley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?