Saturday 8 October 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Al Duncan and Gigi Durston in Baltimore.
The Jazz Singer, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1927!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1927 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Al Duncan: Drummer.
- Gigi Durston in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; singer (Sonny Kendis Show).
- Raaj Kumar: Film star.
- Cesar Milstein: Argentine scientist, Nobel laureate (d. 2002).
- Jim Elliot: American missionary and translator (d. 1956).
- César Milstein: Argentinian-English biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2002)
- Sea battle at Navarino (Greece freed of Ottoman occupation)
- New York Yankees sweep Pittsburgh Pirates in 24th World Series.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?