Wednesday 8 October 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Sinners' Holiday, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1930 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- James Olsen: Evanston, Illinois -- Actor (Andromeda Strain, Spell).
- Louis Azzato: American technical engineer and CEO of Foster Wheeler, a construction company that survived the recession of 1991 fairly well.
- Cosetta Greco: Italian film actress, who appeared in 31 films between 1943 and 1971.
- Pepper Adams: American saxophonist and composer (The Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra) (d. 1986).
- Alasdair Milne: Indian-English director and producer (d. 2013).
- Faith Ringgold: American painter and activist
- Toru Takemitsu: Japanese composer, dies at age 65 (born 1930).
- Philadelphia Athletics beat Saint Louis Cardinals, four games to two in 27th World Series.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?