Monday 8 October 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Gay Divorcee, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1934 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Martin Lippens: Belgium sport Champion.
- Kader Asmal: South African academic and politician (d. 2011).
- Gerry Hitchens: English footballer and manager (d. 1983).
- James Holshouser: American politician.
- Doc Green: Rocker (Drifters).
- Allen Case: American television actor, most noted for the lead role of Deputy Clay McCord in NBC's "The Deputy" (1959–1961) opposite series regular Henry Fonda, who received top billing but appeared far less frequently.
- J Carter Brown in Providence: Rhode Island, USA; art director (Washington National Gallery).
- Bruno Hauptmann is indicted for murder of Lindbergh's son.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?