Friday 8 October 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Heidi, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1937!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1937 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Val Furgess: American astrologer, active in her field for over 25 years and a longtime member of NCGR's Fairfield (CT) Chapter.
- Merle Park: Zimbabwean-English ballerina and educator.
- Paul Schell: American lawyer and politician 50th Mayor of Seattle (d. 2014).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?