Tuesday 8 October 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Moore and Fred Cash.
The Great Dictator, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1940 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Thomas Moore: American writer, the author of the best-selling "Care of the Soul," which sold two million copies as well as other bestsellers "Soul Mates, The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life," "The Planets Within" and "The Soul of Sex," spring 1998.
- Fred Cash: Chattanooga, Tennessee -- Rocker (Impressions).
- Paul Hogan: Australian actor producer and screenwriter.
- Robert Emden: Swiss geo / astro physics (Gaskugeln), dies at 78.
- Cin Reds beat Detroit Tigers, 4 games to 3, in 37th World Series
- German troops enter Romania to protect its oilfields.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?