Thursday 8 October 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Glass Key, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1942 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Stanley Bates: English actor and screenwriter.
- Francis Christian: American ecclesiastic, ordained to the priesthood on 6/29/1968.
- Sergei Chaplygin: Soviet engineer (Born 1869).
- Fight at Matanikau, Guadalcanal (John Hersey-Into the Valley)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?