Sunday 8 October 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
To Have and Have Not, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1944 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Dale Dye: American captain and actor.
- Ed Kirkpatrick: American baseball player (Born 1944).
- Susan Raye: American singer-songwriter.
- Bruce A Morrison: (Rep-D-Connecticut, 1983- ).
- Wendell Lewis Wilkie: Republican politician, dies at 52.
- Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet debuts on CBS radio in the USA.
- World War II: The Battle of Crucifix Hill occurs on Crucifix Hill just outside Aachen. Capt. Bobbie Brown receives a Medal of Honor for his heroics in this battle.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 October 1944 and get them!