Monday 8 October 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Pandora and the Flying Dutchman, directed by Albert Lewin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1951 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Johnny Ramone in Long Island: New York, USA; rock guitarist ("Road to Ruin").
- Jack O'Connell: American educator and politician.
- Timo Salonen: Finnish race car driver.
- Shannon Stimson: American philosopher historian and theorist.
- Music in the Air opens at Ziegfeld Theater NYC for 56 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?