Wednesday 8 October 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1958 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Steve Coll: American journalist and author.
- Bret Lott: American journalist author and academic.
- Ursula von der Leyen: Belgian-German physician and politician Defense Minister of Germany.
- Ruffin McNeill: American football player and coach.
- Braves Eddie Mathews strikes out for World Series record 11th time
- Dr Ake Senning installs 1st pacemaker (Stockholm)
- KCMT TV channel 7 in Alexandria, MN (CBS / NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
- Roger Williams - Near You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?