Friday 8 October 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
The Cincinnati Kid, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1965 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Matt Biondi: American athlete on the 1984 Olympics swimming team who competed in the 400 meter free style relay, his first international competition.
- C-Jay Ramone: American musician (The Ramones).
- Peter Greene: American actor.
- Ardal O'Hanlon: Irish comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Harri Koskela: Finnish wrestler.
- C Ramone: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Ramones 22 Jacks Los Gusanos and The Ramainz)
- Jean-Pierre Dick: French skipper, son of the founder of Virbac Laboratory. Like his father, he is also a veterinary surgeon. Winner of the Barcemona World Race and of the Transat Jacques-Vabre, he was named best skipper in 2011. On 10 October 2913, his trimaran overturned but he was safe and sounf after falling into the sea (he dived from a height of 10m and was lightly injured in his back).
- Martin Mayhew: NFL cornerback (Tampa Bay Bucs)
- Ross Flemer: Newport Beach, California -- Rower (1996 Olympics)
- Djakarta Moslems set fire to PKI-headquarter
- Once-Hertogenbosch soccer team FC de Bosch forms
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?