Friday 8 October 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Boomer [Norman] Ellison and Jim Hanna.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot Out, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vetenskapens Värld.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1971 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Boomer [Norman] Ellison: NFL wide receiver (SD Chargers).
- Jim Hanna: WLAF defensive tackle (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Nate Miller: NFL / WLAF guard (Frankfurt Galaxy, Atlanta Falcons).
- Terry Richardson: WLAF running back (Rhein Fire).
- Val St germain: CFL tackle (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Michelle Mone: Scottish entrepreneur, designer of the Ultimo, a bra that has taken engineering to a new front as it has tiny pockets filled with silicone gel to imitate the natural movement of a real breast. For her financial backing, one businessman took a 25% stake in the company when his wife tried on a model and promptly announced from Michelle's bedroom that he must do so. Released in the UK on 8/19/1999, it may well knock the Wonderbra (launched in 1968) from its present position.
- Monty Williams: American basketball player: forward, Spurs.
- Shontell McClain: Family Member
- Marc Ellis: New Zealand rugby player and television host
- David Gauke: English lawyer and politician
- Pınar Selek: Turkish sociologist author and academic
- John Lennon releases his megahit Imagine
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?