Thursday 8 October 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
The Evil Dead, directed by Sam Raimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1981!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1981 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Juliana Guillermo: Dutch royalty, the daughter and third child of Princess Christina of the Netherlands and her husband, Jorge Guillermo.
- Ruby : Egyptian singer and actress.
- Vladimir Kisenkov: Russian footballer.
- Ryuji Sainei: Japanese actor.
- Raffi Torres: Canadian ice hockey player.
- 1st broadcast of Cagney & Lacey on ABC-TV
- US President Ronald Reagan greets predecessors Jimmy Carter, Gerald R Ford, and Richard Nixon before sending them to Egypt for Anwar Sadat's funeral.
- USAC appeals panel restores disputed Indy 500 victory to Al Unser.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Foreigner - Urgent
- ELO - Hold On Tight
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?