Wednesday 8 October 1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to When I Think Of You by Janet Jackson.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
The Color of Money, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1986!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1986 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
Famous Birthdays:08 October
- RUN DMC calls for a day of peace among LA street gangs
- Mike Scott ties playoff record of 14 strikeouts, beats New York Mets 1-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Stacey Q - Two Of Hearts
- Genesis - Throwing It All Away
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Don Johnson - Heartbeat
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?