Thursday 8 October 1992
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to End Of The Road by Boyz II Men.
In UK Ebeneezer Goode by The Shamen was in the top 5 hits.
1492: Conquest of Paradise, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1992.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1992!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1992 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
Famous Birthdays:08 October
- Willy Brandt: German politician, the Chancellor of West Germany from 1969-1974.
- Nobel Prize for literature is given to West Indies Poet Derek Walcott
- Ottawa Sentors 1st NHL game
- Pioneer Venus Orbiter (1st Venus orbiter-1978), crashes into Venus
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
- Patty Smyth - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough
- House Of Pain - Jump Around
- Bobby Brown - Humpin' Around
- TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby
- Hi-Five - She's Playing Hard To Get
- K.W.S. - Please Don't Go
- Arrested Development - People Everyday
- Firehouse - When I Look Into Your Eyes
- PM Dawn - I'd Die Without You
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?