Sunday 8 October 1995
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grayson Allen and Mimi Elashiry.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Fantasy by Mariah Carey.
In UK Fairground by Simply Red was in the top 5 hits.
Strange Days, directed by Kathryn Bigelow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while My American Journey by Colin Powell with Joseph E. Persico was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching In Search of Happiness.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cutthroat Island or Flight of the Amazon Queen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1995!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1995 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
Famous Birthdays:08 October
- Edgar Martinez drives home tying andwinning runs to rally Mariners to 6-5 win in bottom of 11th to beat Yankees andwin AL Division Series
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?