Tuesday 8 September 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1914 ?
- Sir Denys Lasdun: English architect (d. 2001).
- Dimitrios I: Patriarch (primus interparis orthodox Christians).
- Demetrios: Patriarch Demetrios I of Constantinople (d. 1991).
- Denys Lasdun: English architect designed the Royal National Theatre (d. 2001).
- Odd Øyen: Norwegian resistance fighter during World War II, and anaesthetist.
- William E Darwin: British Son of Charles Darwin, dies at 74.
- British trader Oceanic sinks off Scotland
- World War I: Private Thomas Highgate becomes the first British soldier to be executed for desertion during the war.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love Has Wings - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- Happy Tho' Married - Fred Duprez
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?