Thursday 8 September 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Ulrich Engelmann and Louis Boffet.
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1921 ?
- Hans Ulrich Engelmann: German composer (Ophelia).
- Louis Boffet: French Catholic priest, who served as Bishop of Montpellier from 1976 to 1996.
- Carl Fernbach-Flarsheim: Silesian-born American poet, an exponent of concrete poetry, also known as shape poetry or visual poetry.
- Harry Secombe: British entertainer known as "the nicest man in British show business.
- Mosie Lister: American singer-songwriter and minister (The Statesmen Quartet) (d. 2015).
- 1st Miss America crowned (Margaret Gorman of Washington DC)
- 16-year-old Margaret Gorman wins the Atlantic City Pageant's Golden Mermaid trophy; pageant officials later dubbed her the first Miss America.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Crooning - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?