Monday 8 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Red Lily, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1924 ?
- Jean-Paul Cloutier: Quebec politician.
- Ralph Messac: Versailles Journalist.
- Grace Metalious: American writer, a novelist whose book, "Peyton Place," published on 6/24/1956, centered on small town scandal and sex.
- Marie-Claire Kirkland: American-Canadian lawyer judge and politician.
- Mimi Parent: Canadian-Swiss painter (d. 2005).
- Wendell Ford: American politician. He served for twenty-four years in the U.S. Senate and was the 53rd Governor of Kentucky. He was the first person to be successively elected lieutenant governor, governor, and U.S. senator in Kentucky history.
- Wendell H Ford: (Sen-D-Kentucky, 1974- )
- Alexandra Kollontai of Russia becomes 1st woman ambassador
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jealous - Marion Harris
- It Had to Be You - Sam Lanin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?