Wednesday 8 September 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Pininfarina and Lawrence Walsh.
3 Bad Men, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1926 ?
- Sergio Pininfarina: Italian industrialist, the son of entrepreneur Battista Pininfarina.
- Lawrence Walsh: American politician who, from 1965-1966, was the conservative-democrat Mayor of Huntington Park.
- Bhupen Hazarika: Indian singer-songwriter poet and director (d. 2011).
- League of Nations Assembly voted unanimously to admit Germany
- Germany is admitted to the League of Nations.
- Aloha Tower is officially dedicated at Honolulu Harbor in the Territory of Hawai'i.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- At Peace with the World - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Love Bound - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Ya Gotta Know How to Love - Gene Austin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?