Monday 8 September 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1941 ?
- Alan Feinstein in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Max - Berrengers, Family Tree).
- Bernard Sanders: (Rep-R-Vermont).
- Dante Drowty: Rocker.
- Yves Saint Martin: French jockey, winner of the Arc de Triomphe in 1970, riding Sassafras, 1974, riding Allez France, 1982, riding Akiyda and 1984 riding Sagace.
- Bernie Sanders: American politician who currently serves as the junior United States Senator from Vermont.
- Pierre Bideau: French electrician and lighting engineer.
- Blockade of Leningrad (St Petersburg) by Germany begins
- Entire Jewish community of Meretsch, Lithuania is exterminated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 September 1941 and get them!