Saturday 8 September 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1945 ?
- Ron "Pigpen" McKernan: California, United States -- Rocker (Grateful Dead, Grass Roots).
- James Francis: American pro astrologer, teacher and lecturer on psychological astrology, sex therapy and general therapy.
- Vinko Puljić: Croatian cardinal.
- : American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (d. 1973).
- Rogie Vachon: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Kelly Groucutt: Bass guitarist and singer for the band Electric Light Orchestra (Born 1945)
- Hideki Tojo, Japanese Prime Minister during most of WWII, attempts suicide rather than face war crimes tribunal attempt fails, later he is hanged
- US invades Japanese-held Korea.
- Cold War: United States troops arrive to partition the southern part of Korea in response to Soviet troops occupying the northern part of the peninsula a month earlier.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- 11:60 P.M. - Harry James & His Orchestra
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Some Sunday Morning
- Gotta be This or That - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
- I'll Buy That Dream - Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?