Saturday 8 September 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Captain Horatio Hornblower R.N., directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1951 ?
- Tom Gullikson in Wisconsin: USA; tennis player (US mixed Doubles 1984).
- Mark McCumber: Golfer.
- Randy T Odle: Port Arthur, Texas -- Astronaut.
- Tim Gullikson: Tim Gullikson American tennis player and coach (d. 1996).
- Nikos Karvelas: Greek singer-songwriter and producer.
- John McDonnell: English politician
- Dezső Ránki: Hungarian pianist
- Jeffrey Lurie: American businessman and sports team owner, Lurie is the owner, CEO and Chairman of the Philadelphia Eagles football franchise. Lurie bought the team for $185 million in 1994 and first took full control of the team in 1995. That year The Sporting News named him NFL Owner of the Year. Since then the team has made it to the playoffs six times and in 2004 took the NFL Championship. In 2004 Forbes valued the team at $833 million, a financial tribute to Lurie’s talents as investor and businessman. Hi
- Jurgen Stroop: Nazi commander of Warsaw Ghetto, executed.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Sempiternus Rex
- Japan signs the San Francisco Peace Treaty with 48 nations, regaining its independence.
- Treaty of San Francisco: In San Francisco, California, 48 nations sign a peace treaty with Japan in formal recognition of the end of the Pacific War.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?