Wednesday 8 September 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1954 ?
- Mark Lindsay Chapman: English film and television actor.
- Giorgos Toussas: Greek politician.
- Michael Shermer: American writer and educator, a prolific author and head of the Skeptic Society (www.
- Ruby Bridges: Civil Rights Leader.
- Pascal Greggory: French actor, in film TV and theatre.
- Mark Foley: American politician, a US Representative from Florida who resigned from his elected position on September 29, 2006 amidst allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior toward children. His resignation came on the heels of an ABC News report that aired suggestive electronic messages that he had written in August 2005 to a former Capitol page, then a 16-year-old boy. Later, as the story continued to break, additional e-mails began to surface from as early as 2003, written to other male pages. Some
- Mark Chapman: English actor singer and producer
- Anne Diamond: English television presenter
- Edgar Mortiz: Filipino actor and director
- Jon Scieszka: American author and educator
- Clayton Norcross: Actor (Bold and the Beautiful, Colbys, Santa Barbara)
- Alan Freed leaves Cleveland to NYC for WINS radio
- SE Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) forms to stop communist spread in SE Asia
- The Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO) is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?