Saturday 8 September 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stefan Johannsson and Mick Brown.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Lust for Life, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Joseph Cotten Show: On Trial.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1956 ?
- Stefan Johannsson: Swedish race car driver in formula one series who drove for Ferrari in 1986, but switched to McLaren in 1987.
- Mick Brown: American drummer (Dokken Tooth and Nail and T & N).
- David Carr: American journalist and author (d. 2015).
- Maurice Cheeks: American basketball player and coach.
- Fad Gadget: English singer and musician (Born 1956).
- Stefan Johansson: Swedish race car driver
- Gerrit Bolkestein: Dutch Minister of Education (1939-4.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?