Sunday 8 September 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Woman in a Dressing Gown, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Letter From Peking by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1957 ?
- Melissa Whitmire: LPGA golfer.
- Heather Thomas in Greenwich: Connecticut, USA; actress (Jody - Fall Guy, Coed Fever).
- Walt Easley: American football player (d. 2013).
- Heather Thomas: American actress and author.
- 77th US Mens Tennis: M J Anderson beats Ashley J Cooper (108 75 64)
- Jackie Wilson, releases his 1st solo single Reet Petite
- Pope Pius XII encyclical On motion pictures, radio, TV
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?