Monday 8 September 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Blob, directed by Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1958 ?
- David Lewis: guitarist (Atlantic Starr - "Touch a Four Leaf Clover").
- Jean-Michel Aphatie: French radio-TV journalist, he specialized in politics.
- Lars-Åke Wilhelmsson: Swedish artist and art director in fashion and styles for performers, skilled at creating custom dresses for women wearing vulgar style (such as Dame Edna) and extreme styles as worn to celebrity parties.
- Michael Lardie: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (Great White and Night Ranger).
- Mitsuru Miyamoto: Japanese voice actor.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Dallas Golf Open
- Paul Anka opens Asian tour in Tokyo
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Frankie Avalon - Ginger Bread
- The Olympics - Western Movies
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?