Tuesday 8 September 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1959 ?
- Tom McGuinness: American pilot for American Airlines who was flying Flt.
- Carmen Campagne: Canadian singer and children's entertainer.
- Daler Nazarov: Tajik singer-songwriter and actor.
- Kerry Cuomo: American child of a noted family, the seventh child, third daughter of Robert and Ethel Kennedy.
- The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is established.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 September 1959 and get them!