Friday 8 September 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1967 ?
- James Packer: Entrepreneur.
- Brett Winslow: Santa Barbara, California -- Volleyball middle blocker (1996 Olympics).
- Eerik-Niiles Kross: Estonian politician and diplomat.
- Kimberly Peirce: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Surveyor 5 is launched; makes soft landing on Moon September 10.
- Uganda abolishes traditional tribal kingdoms, becomes a republic.
- The formal end of steam traction in the North East of England by British Railways.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?