Sunday 8 September 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Hey Jude by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1968 ?
- Roberto Di Donna: Italian rifle champion, winning a Gold Medal in the Air Pistol event at the Atlanta Olympics on 7/20/1996, a Bronze Medal in "free" pistol at 50 m. on 7/23/1996.
- Wolfram Klein: German footballer.
- Ray Wilson: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Genesis and Stiltskin).
- Funny Girl with Barbra Striesand premieres
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA Pacific Ladies Golf Classic
- Saundra Williams wins 1st Miss Black America pageant
- The Beatles perform their last live TV performance on the David Frost show. They perform their new hit ''Hey Jude''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Marvin Gaye - You're All I Need To Get By
- Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing
- The Dells - Stay In My Corner
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?